Thursday, February 25, 2010

What is it about a person that makes them special? Is there one aspect that stands out, or is it individualism. Do you find that those with the most similarities to yourself, are the ones you tend to gravitate towards? There are many "qualities" we set for ourselves when looking at people around us like if we are compatible or will our styles as accountancies or friends mesh? How we view ourselves has a great deal to do with how we view others. If we think of ourselves better, or inferior to those around us....such things bring out different "styles" in our own personalities. Have you ever sat back and looked at how you act around different people? I know it can be an interesting thing to do. In my life, i know different friends bring out different aspects in me, some I love, and some not so much...its not that they are bad, but they are foreign and I'm not comfortable with these new characteristics yet. We judge others, and we judge ourselves by others. Just because one person is comfortable doing something that is new to me, doesn't make me inferior to them, it just makes it new, and well frankly uncomfortable. And just because I can be confident and outgoing in a facet of life, and someone isn't quite on scale, doesn't make them less of a success then me. We each are different, but which part of me is the real me? I have thought on this a lot today, and this is my thought: All of them are me. Some parts of me I didnt understand yet, some I know backwards and forwards. But its like self discovery, learning which parts are for keeps and which need to be gotten ride of.
I stumbled across a quote tonight, one that i was so into and was like "Oh this is going somewhere" until i found out John Mayer said it, but none the less it seems still like an interesting way to look at how we view ourselves and other people...here it is....

"Life is like a box of crayons. Most people are the 8-color boxes, but what you're really looking for are the 64-color boxes with the sharpeners on the back. I fancy myself to be a 64-color box, though I've got a few missing. It's ok though, because I've got some more vibrant colors like periwinkle at my disposal. I have a bit of a problem though in that I can only meet the 8-color boxes. Does anyone else have that problem? I mean there are so many different colors of life, of feeling, of articulation.. so when I meet someone who's an 8-color type.. I'm like, "hey girl, magenta!" and she's like, "oh, you mean purple!" and she goes off on her purple thing, and I'm like, "no - I want magenta!"”

Is it our right to demand magenta and not accept the purple, what makes magenta more spectacular then purple? So what if your a few short of 64 crayons, and the other person may just have the 8, those 8 might beat up your 64 in a way that you couldnt fathom. just because they are typical doesn't make them lesser. theres something to be said for a 64 being with an 8, because that way, what the 8 lacks, the 64 is there to make up, and what the 64 is too eccentric with, the 8 is there to bring a normal balance.

This post may not really have a point, i guess the point was just to write and to think about how we act around ourselves and others, and why we pick people over other people....interesting how that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! They make it more interesting!